Easy Cheddar and Beer Fondue
- 15 min
- 15 min
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 250 mL (1 cup) of red ale beer
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) of bourbon
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) of Dijon mustard
- 454 g (1 lb) of grated Armstrong Old Cheddar Cheese
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) of cornstarch
- Black pepper
- Rub the cut side of the garlic clove all over the inside of a fondue pot. Place the pot over medium heat. Add the red ale beer, bourbon, and mustard, and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the grated Armstrong Old Cheddar Cheese, cornstarch, and a generous amount of black pepper. When the beer mixture is simmering, lower the heat, and add the grated cheese one-third at a time, whisking until the mixture is fully smooth before adding more.
- Once all the cheese is incorporated, transfer the fondue pot to its stand. Serve with bread cubes, boiled potatoes, and steamed vegetables.