“Touchdown” Loaded Nacho Fries
- 15 min
- 45 min
- 6 to 8
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) ground beef
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cumin
- 6 Armstrong Marble Cheese Slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) Saputo Cheese Curds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red peppers
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced pickled jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Cut potatoes into 1/2 x 3-inch (1 x 8-cm) sticks. In a medium bowl, toss with 3 tablespoons (45 mL) vegetable oil and 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt. Spread fries in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Roast potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large cast iron skillet set over medium heat. Add ground beef, chili powder, remaining salt, pepper and cumin, and cook for 8 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and wipe skillet with a paper towel.
- To assemble, lay half the fries into the skillet. Lay half the cheese slices over top. Scatter half each ground beef, cheese curds, salsa, bacon and red peppers. Repeat this process, creating another layer of fries and toppings.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with tomato, green onions, olives and jalapeños.
* Replace potatoes with frozen French fries for easy and convenient preparation. Serve with sour cream or guacamole for the ultimate nacho experience.