- 6 min
- 6 min
- Slice bread into 1 cm slices on an angle; place on a baking pan. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle a small amount of rosemary over the bread and lightly pepper using a peppercorn grinder. Place pecans on the end of the pan. Broil for 1-2 mins or until crostini are golden brown and pecans are toasted.
- In a small bowl, place honey, garlic and cayenne and mix well. Set aside for assembly.
- Slice Armstrong Havarti Cheese into ¼” slices then cut each slice in half and again in half to make quarters/triangles. Set aside. Slice the pears horizontally into rings, discarding the stem and bottom then slice in half and set aside.
- In a grill pan or on the barbecue, grill sliced pears approximately 2 mins on each side to sear. Set aside for appetizer assembly.
- Place two quarters of cheese on each toasted crostini and place back into the oven to broil for approximately 1 minute or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Assemble all appetizers on the serving plate you intend to use by topping each melted cheese crostini with a slice of grilled pear, pea shoots and pecans. Drizzle each with spiced honey and balsamic vinegar before serving.
A recipe created by our foodie influencer This Lil Piglet
*These can be served cold. To avoid wilting the pea shoots, cool the cheese and pears completely before assembling the remaining toppings.