Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 35 min
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 454 g (1 lb) ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 5 ml cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
- 1 lime
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag of large soft tortillas
- 12 Armstrong Marble Cheddar Cheese Sticks
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) canola oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat air fryer or convection oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine olive oil, onion, ground beef, red peppers, salt, pepper, cumin and dried oregano. Cook until ground beef is cooked through.
- Add lime juice and kidney beans. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of the beef mixture in the center of one half of the tortilla and place a cheese stick on top.
- Fold each tortilla into a cylinder. Brush the sides of the tortilla with the beaten egg and press with your fingers to close.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings. Brush tortillas with oil.
- In the air fryer: Place taco sticks in the center of the air fryer basket and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In the oven: Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with cilantro and salsa.