Skip to Content
- 25 min
- 45 min
All-in-One Chicken Rice with Cheddar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) canola oil
- 454 g (1 pound) chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 500 ml (2 cups) long-grain rice
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes of various colours
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chili powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cumin
- 225 g (8 oz) Armstrong Lactose Free Marble Cheddar Cheese, grated
- One diced green onion
- One lemon cut in wedges
- In a large heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil, add the chicken cubes and sear them on all sides until they are golden brown.
- Add the onion, salt and black pepper. Mix well and let it brown for a minute. Add the rice and let it brown for around 2 minutes.
- Add the black beans, cherry tomatoes, chicken stock, garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, cover and let it reduce over low heat.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with cheese, collect and let it set for 2-3 minutes off heat to let the cheese melt.
- Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges.
Lactose Free Mac and Cheese
Creamy Cheese and Broccoli Macaroni
Potato, Broccoli, and Cheddar Patties