Skip to Content
- 10 min
- 35 min
Lactose Free Mac and Cheese
- 454 g (1 lb) pasta shells
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lactose free butter or ghee
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) flour
- 500 mL (2 cups) lactose free milk
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 L (4 cups) Armstrong Lactose Free Marble Cheddar Cheese, shredded and divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190º C (375º F).
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the package.
- In a pan over medium heat, make a roux: melt the lactose free butter or ghee, whisk in the flour, and continue cooking for one minute, whisking constantly, until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add the lactose free milk, pouring with one hand while whisking with the other. The mixture, thick at first, will turn creamy and smooth.
- Incorporate the Dijon mustard.
- Add 3 cups of Armstrong Lactose Free Marble Cheddar Cheese and mix until a smooth and velvety consistency is achieved.
- Season to taste.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, add it to the cheese sauce and stir until each pasta shell is coated with sauce.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted (continue cooking if you prefer a crispy topping).
- Sprinkle with chives and serve!
Creamy Cheese and Broccoli Macaroni
All-in-One Chicken Rice with Cheddar
Mac and Triple Cheese with Grilled Chicken