- 30 min
- 30 min
- Core, then cut peppers into 1/2-inch pieces. Finely chop tomatoes and onion. Roughly chop cilantro. Zest, then juice the lime.
- For the salsa, stir together tomatoes, a quarter of the onions, half the peppers, half the cilantro, half the lime juice and 1 tbsp oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the lime crema, stir together sour cream, lime zest, remaining cilantro, remaining lime juice and 1 tsp sugar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add 2 tsp oil, then beef, remaining peppers, remaining onions and Mexican seasoning. Cook, breaking up beef into smaller pieces, until no pink remains, 4-5 min. Remove pan from heat, then transfer beef mixture to a large bowl. Stir in 3 cups Armstrong Tex Mex shredded cheese until combined. Season with pepper. Carefully rinse and wipe pan clean.
- Arrange tortillas on a clean surface. Spoon beef filling on one side of each tortilla. Carefully fold the other side of tortilla over filling. Heat the same pan (from step 4) over medium heat. When hot, add 1 tbsp oil, then 3 quesadillas. Cook, until golden-brown, 1-2 min per side. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- To serve, cut quesadillas into wedges and divide them between plates. Serve with lime crema and salsa on the side. Squeeze over a lime wedge, if desired.