- 30 min
- 30 min
- Before starting, preheat oven to 425°F and wash and dry all produce. Heat Guide for Step 6: 1/4 tsp mild, 1/2 tsp medium and 1 tsp spicy! Add 10 cups water and 2 tsp salt in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Thinly slice chives. Cut bacon into 1/4-inch strips.
- Toss cauliflower with 2 tbsp oil on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the middle of oven, until golden-brown, 14-16 min.
- While cauliflower cooks, add rigatoni to the pot of boiling water. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10-12 min. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain, then return to the same pot. Set aside, off heat.
- While rigatoni cooks, heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, 5-7 min.** Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Reserve 2 tbsp bacon fat. Discard excess bacon fat.
- Heat the same pan (with excess fat) over medium heat. When hot, add onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 min. Sprinkle over flour. Cook, stirring often, until coated, 1 min. Add 1 cup milk and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, until thickened, 1 min. Remove the pan from the heat and add spinach. Stir, until wilted, 1 min.
- Stir sour cream and 2 cups Armstrong Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese into sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Add cheese sauce, reserved pasta water and half the cauliflower to the pot with rigatoni. Stir until cheese melts, 1 min. Divide between bowls and top with remaining cauliflower. Crumble over crispy bacon. Sprinkle over chives and 1/4 tsp chili flakes (to your taste).