Skip to Content
- 25 min
- 45 min
- 4 - 6
- 1 500 g box of rotini
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 450 g (1 lb) ground beef
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fine herb mixture
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) Armstrong Mozza Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 160 °C (325 °F).
- Cook rotini al dente according to manufacturer's recommended cooking instructions.
- Save 250 ml (1 cup) of cooking water; drain the rest.
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic. Add ground beef and cook over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the reserved 250 ml of pasta cooking water and let reduce slightly. Add the can of tomatoes and the herbs.
- Pour the pasta into an ovenproof dish and add the meat mixture. Mix well.
- Add two thirds of the cheese and mix.
- Spread remaining cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Finish cooking in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until everything is well browned.
One-Pot Ham, Pea and Cheese Pasta
BBQ Chicken Mac & Cheese with Leeks