- 30 min
- 45 min + marinating time
- 4 (¾”-thick) boneless pork butt steaks
- 4-8 slices Armstrong Havarti Sliced Cheese
- 4 large burger buns
- ¼ cup chives, finely sliced and divided
For the Jerk Marinade*
- 1 cup green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 Scotch bonnet peppers, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup freshly picked thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp allspice, ground
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
For the Coleslaw
- 1 cup green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black peppercorns, to taste
*Can use a store-bought Jerk marinade of your choice
- For the jerk marinade, combine green onions, white onions, Scotch bonnet peppers, garlic, thyme, lime juice, ground allspice, ginger, soy sauce and black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Place marinade in a resealable bag. Add pork steaks and turn so they are well coated in marinade. Place in fridge to marinate for 24-48 hours.
- For the coleslaw, combine white wine vinegar, lime juice, mayonnaise, honey, Kosher salt and freshly ground black peppercorns to taste. Mix to combine. Mix in finely sliced green cabbage and julienned carrot. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat BBQ grill to medium-high heat. Butter inside and top of buns. Remove steaks from marinade and place on a plate. Grill pork steaks until they reach an internal temperature of 145ºF-150ºF, about 4-5 minutes per side. Place 1-2 slices of Armstrong Havarti cheese on top of each pork steak, let melt. Toast top, bottom and insides of buttered buns on grill.
- Top the bottom of each grilled bun with a pork steak. Shake off excess dressing and evenly divide coleslaw on top of steaks. Sprinkle with chopped chives and top with bun.