- 10 min
- 22 min + marinating time
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 slices Armstrong Havarti Cheese Slices
- Lettuce (optional)
For the coleslaw
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- The juice from half a lime
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) sugar
For the marinade
- ½ onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh ginger, grated
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cinnamon
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) allspice (Jamaican pepper)
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) dried thyme
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- The juice from an orange (and the zest from half an orange)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Preheat and oil the BBQ.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chicken breasts and marinate for up to 24 hours.
- Cook the chicken on the BBQ over medium heat, approximately 6 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coleslaw. In a bowl, combine the cabbage, peach, onions, jalapeño, lime juice, and sugar.
- Top the buns with the Armstrong Havarti cheese slices and heat, if desired. Garnish with lettuce, grilled chicken, and coleslaw.