- 20 min
- 26 min
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper, divided
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1 bottle (12 oz/330 mL) beer
- 4 pieces (each 4 oz/125 g) cod or pickerel
- 2 cups (500 mL) canola or safflower oil, for deep-frying
- 8 Armstrong Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeño slices
- 4 corn tortillas (7-inch/17.5 cm)
- 1 cup (250 mL) green or purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
Sriracha Lime Mayo:
- ¼ cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Sriracha
- Sprinkle fish fillets with ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper; dredge lightly in ¼ cup (60 mL) flour. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, salt and pepper, cayenne and beer to create a batter.
- In a deep saucepan or fryer, heat oil to 375°F (190°C). Dip fillets into the batter, then fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and fish flakes. Let drain on a paper towel–lined plate.
Sriracha-lime mayo: Stir together mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice and Sriracha.
- To assemble the fish tacos, spread the Sriracha Lime Mayo evenly between the tortillas. Place one slice of Armstrong Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeño and one fillet on each and top with cabbage, avocado, tomato and jalapeños (optional). Cut the remaining cheese slices into thin strips to top.