- 5 min
- 30 min
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) butter
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 L (4 cups) 3.25% milk
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 400 g (4 cups) Armstrong Marble Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 300 g (2 cups) macaroni (or cavatappi, ziti, or other short pasta)
- ½ cauliflower, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) florets
- 6 slices of cooked pancetta (or bacon), crumbled
- 2 green onions, cut into rings
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the butter and flour for 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the milk, stirring constantly with a whisk until the milk is hot (do not bring to a boil).
- Add the mustard and the Armstrong Marble Cheddar Cheese. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the cheddar has melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Two minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the cauliflower florets.
- Drain the pasta and cauliflower. In a large bowl, mix them with the sauce.
- Top with pancetta and green onion.