- 20 min
- 1 h 35 min
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Use a sharp knife to prick the potatoes a few times all over. Bake on the lower shelf of the oven for 1 hour, until a knife easily pierces the potatoes. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly. Cut the top 1/3 off of each potato and let cool enough to handle. Use a fork to gently scrape out the inside of each potato.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place the bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until crisp and well browned. Drain on absorbent paper, then crumble.
- In a bowl, combine the flesh of 3 potatoes with the tomato, green onion, salt, taco seasoning, jalapeno pepper, and 1/2 the grated cheese. Mix well.
- Stuff each potato with 1/4 of the mix. Use your thumb to make a well in the top of each potato and top with 1/4 cup of the grated cheddar.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet bake the potatoes another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are warmed through. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and serve.
*You can stuff these potatoes up to 1 day ahead and keep them in the fridge, well wrapped before baking. If you're pressed for time cook the potatoes in the microwave, then finish in the oven.