- 10 min
- 2 HR 10 MIN
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) of olive oil
- 454 g (1 lb) of ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chili powder
- 750 mL (3 cups) beef broth
- 1 can (798 ml) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (540 ml) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 454 g (1 lb) dry elbow macaroni pasta
- 750 mL (3 cups) grated Armstrong Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 lime, in wegdes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook, breaking the ground beef with a wooden spoon, until the meat is fully cooked, about 8 minutes. Add the chili powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, tomatoes, red beans, and macaroni pasta, and stir thoroughly. Cover and set the slow cooker to LOW for 2 hours. Stir the pasta twice during the cooking process to make sure they cook evenly.
- Add 500 mL (2 cups) of the grated Armstrong Mild Cheddar Cheese and stir to melt the cheese. Divide into serving bowls and garnish with the remaining cheese, avocado, green onion, and lime.