- 10 min
- 30 min
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500 mL (2 cups) white rice, cooked
- 400 g (1½ cups) Italian sausage meat
- 200 g (2 cups) Armstrong Mild Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 peppers, cut in half, cored and seeded
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200º C (400º F).
- In a bowl, combine the onion, garlic, basil, egg, rice, sausage meat, and half of the Armstrong Mild Cheddar Cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- On your work surface, stuff the pepper halves with the mixture. Top with the remaining cheddar.
- Place the peppers in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish. Cook on the middle oven rack for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.