- 15 min
- 30 min
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 red (or yellow) pepper, cut into strips
- 4 medium ground beef patties, 200 g (1/2 lb) each
- 8 slices Armstrong Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeño
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 2 green onions, cut into rings
- ½ jalapeño, chopped
- 60 mL (4 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mayonnaise (or other condiment)
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high and oil the grill.
- Cook the ears of corn, onion, and pepper on the barbecue for 5 minutes per side (keep an eye on the progress).
- Cook the beef patties on the barbecue for 3-4 minutes per side. Place 2 slices of Armstrong Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeño on each patty 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- In the meantime, on a cutting board, using a knife, cut the corn kernels from the cobs.
- In a bowl, combine the corn kernels with the lime juice, jalapeño, and coriander.
- Spread some mayonnaise on the buns and top with lettuce (if desired). Place one beef patty on each bun, topped with the grilled onions and peppers and the corn salsa.