Skip to Content
- 10 min
- 30 min
Corn Muffins with Cheddar Cheese
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) corn meal
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) baking soda
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) grape seed oil
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) stirred plain yogurt
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) chives, finely chopped
- 180 g (6 oz) ham, diced
- 120 g (4 oz) Armstrong Medium Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, yogurt, milk, egg and chives.
- Add the ham and 2/3 of the cheese to the wet ingredients and combine gently.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Divide the batter equally among 12 lined muffin cups. Garnish each muffin with the remaining cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack until the centre of the muffins springs back when touched, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Havarti Breakfast Sandwich