- 15 min
- 25 min
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Shred the block of Armstrong Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeño into a bowl. To make things go even faster, use a food processor and you’ll be done in a just few seconds!
- Dice half of the red onion and place it into a bowl. Dice the tomatoes and place them in the bowl with the onions. Add the juice of one lime to the bowl, mix it up, and let it all rest.
- Slice the jalapeño peppers into thin slices, de-seeding them if you prefer less heat. Be sure to use gloves and/or carefully wash your hands after completing this step!
- Cut the pomegranate in half. Hold the pomegranate in your hand, with the cut side down. Place a large bowl beneath your hand, and gently tap with a wooden spoon. The majority of the seeds should fall right out and the rest you can gently pull out afterwards.
- Strain the can of black olives and place them in aside. If you’re using cilantro, wash and chop to have as garnish.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and carefully trim the sides so there’s 1” of overhang. Pour half the bag of tortilla chips onto the sheet. Cover the chips liberally with half of the Armstrong Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeño. Cover with the rest of the tortilla chips and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. If you want charred bits, you can set the oven to a low broil and cook nachos for 3-5 minutes.
- While the nachos are roasting, prepare the guacamole. Combine mashed avocados, half of a diced red onion, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste - and voila!
- Once the nachos are charred, top with diced onions, sliced jalapeño peppers, pomegranate seeds, diced tomatoes, black olives and guacamole. Top with cilantro (optional). Bon appétit!
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @msanadouglas