- 10 min
- 20 min
- Preheat BBQ or a grill pan over medium heat.
- Slice the onions, cut the uncooked bacon in half, and cut the zucchinis in quarters and brush them with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Caramelize the onions
- In an oiled pan over medium-heat, cook onions, stirring often, until they are brown and tender, about 6 minutes. Once cooked, add half the BBQ sauce and mix well. Remove from heat.
Make the patties
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce with the meat. Season with salt and pepper. Form 8 flat patties. Cut 4 pieces of Armstrong Old Cheddar Cheese. Put the cheese in the center of 4 patties, then take the remaining 4 patties and put them on top. With your fingers, press lightly to close the patties, making sure it is well sealed so the cheese doesn't melt out while cooking.
Cook the patties
- Cook patties about 6 minutes each side on medium heat, until well cooked. Add bacon and cook for about 7 minutes, until cooked and crispy.
Cook the zucchinis
- Rub the zucchinis with the cajun spices and add them to the grill. Cook for about 3 minutes a side, until tender.
- Grate a bit of cheese. Sprinkle the panko bread crumbs and cheese over zucchinis and grill an extra minute.
Garnish and serve
- Add the buns to the grill to toast them lightly, about 1 minute. Garnish the buns with BBQ sauce, bacon, onions and patty.
- Squeeze lemon over zucchinis.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.