- 10 min
- 15 min
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of mayonnaise
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of ketchup
- 500 g (1/2 kg) of ground beef
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of butter, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 8 Armstrong MEGA Thick Marble Cheddar Cheese Slices
- Iceberg lettuce, slices of red onion, pickles, and tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and ketchup. Set aside.
- In a stainless-steel bowl, mix the beef with the butter. Season. On a work surface, form 8 balls of meat, each about 5 cm (2 in.) in diameter.
- On the stovetop or on the barbecue, heat a cast-iron hob or skillet over medium heat. Drizzle in some vegetable oil and let it spread across the entire surface.
- Grill the buns on the hob or skillet for 10 seconds and set aside.
- Cook the meat while firmly crushing the balls into patties with a spatula for about a minute. Flip the meat and top each patty with a MEGA Thick Marble Cheddar Cheese slice. Remove from heat.
- Spread some of the ketchup and mayo mixture on each of the buns, followed by 2 patties and your choice of toppings.