Skip to Content
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 454 g (1 lb.) raw shrimp, size 21-25, shelled
- 4 brioche-style hot dog buns (or other)
- 4 slices of Armstrong Havarti Sliced Cheese
- 500 ml (2 cups) Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 dill pickle (preferably baby), finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) dill, roughly chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) cilantro, roughly chopped
- The juice from half a lemon
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- A touch of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Blanche the shrimp in a pot of boiling salted water (2-3 minutes), then rinse and plunge into a bowl of ice water.
- Meanwhile, spread open the hot dog buns, place on a baking sheet, and top each bun with a slice of Armstrong Havarti cheese. Bake in the oven at 200 oC (400 oF) for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients with the cooked shrimp. Top the hot dog buns with the shrimp mixture. Serve with chips and beer.
BLT Pasta Salad with Sour Cream Dressing