- 10 min
- 30 min
- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli Smart® Spaghetti
- 1 block (450 g) Armstrong White Medium Cheddar Cheese or Yellow Medium Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt and pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) 2% milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh corn
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 ml) of the boiled pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and 1/4 tsp (1 ml) of both salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in flour; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Slowly whisk in milk. Bring to boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in separate skillet set over medium-high heat; cook corn and jalapeños for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Stir spaghetti, corn mixture and jalapeños into cheese sauce until well coated. If sauce is too thick, stir in enough of the reserved boiled pasta water for desired consistency. Garnish with cilantro.
- Substitute parsley or basil for cilantro if desired.
- For a less-spicy dish, use only 1 jalapeño pepper.