Skip to Content
- 15 min
- 30 min
- 6 - 8
- Italian bread or baguette
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 680 g (1.5 lbs) ground beef
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) ketchup
- 125 ml (½ cup) chili sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste
- Salt and ground pepper
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) Armstrong Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- Place the oven grill in the center. Preheat the BBQ to maximum heat, or the oven at 230 °C (450 °F).
- Cut the bread lengthwise. Grill the bread on the BBQ or place on a baking tray in the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat the oil over medium heat in a pan. Cook the onion for one minute.
- Add the beef and cook for 4 to 5 minutes while breaking it up into pieces with a wooden spoon until all the meat is browned.
- Add the ketchup, the chili sauce, the mustard, the Worcestershire sauce, and the tomato paste. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Place the meat preparation on one half of the bread. Garnish with Armstrong Triple Cheddar shredded cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and separate the Sloppy Joes into portions.
Onion Soup Flavoured Burger
Grilled Cheese with Turkey Sausage and Smoke Flavoured Cheese