- 20 min
- 30 min
For the Hollandaise sauce*
- 2 egg yolks
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) warm water
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) Mexican chili powder
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) smoked paprika
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
For the poached eggs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) white vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 8 large eggs
- 4 English muffins, split in halves
- Thin slices of dried chorizo sausage
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Armstrong Tex Mex Shredded Cheese
- 2 green onions, minced
*Note: You can use a store-bought hollandaise sauce mix in this recipe. Simply prepare the sauce as indicated by the manufacturer, then whisk the Mexican chili powder and smoked paprika into the sauce. Serve as indicated.
For the Hollandaise sauce
- In a blender, combine the egg yolks, lime juice, water, spices, and salt. Blend until frothy. Melt the butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan until hot (do not brown). With the blender running, pour in the hot butter in a very thin stream, blending until the sauce is thick and emulsified. Transfer to a measuring cup and cover until service. If necessary, you can reheat the sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds (low power setting) before serving.
For the poached eggs
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer (adjust the temperature to make sure the water keeps to a simmer, not a rolling boil). Stir in the vinegar and salt. Crack one egg in a small bowl, then gently slide the egg into the water to poach. Add 3 more eggs to the simmering water the same way. Cook the eggs for about 4 minutes to keep a runny yolk. Use a slotted spoon to fish the eggs out and transfer to a small plate. Keep the eggs warm in a low oven.
- Toast the English muffins and set them, cut side up, on serving plates. Spread a spoonful of sauce over each English muffin halve. Layer slices of dried chorizo sausage and avocado over the sauce. Top with poached eggs, then cover with more Hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with Armstrong Tex Mex shredded cheese, garnish with green onions, and serve.