- 20 min
- 30 min
- 16 bars
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, cheese and water until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press half the dough into a 22 cm (9 in) square pan. Spread the apple jelly over the top.
- Stir the pistachios into the remaining dough and spread evenly over the apple jelly, pressing gently.
- Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Cool on the counter before cutting into bars.
Tip: Trying to eat less meat? Cheddar, with its complete proteins and high calcium content, is an excellent nutritional option. Pistachios are a good source of unsaturated fat.